Composite Silicone Insulators produced by Compaq, yield appreciable performance even in harsh working conditions. A pultruded fiber glass rod is used as the housing over this insulator. The ends of this glass rod are secured by aluminum fittings or galvanized steel. Silicone or Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) can also be provided as the housing materials depending upon the requirements of the clients.
The insulators designed by the Compaq International comprise of Polymer disc insulator, Pin type composite insulators, Polymer Strain Insulators, suspension long rod silicone rubber insulator, cross arm silicone rubber insulators, station post polymer insulators and etc.
- Line post insulator
- Station post insulators
- Suspension and Tension insulators
- Recommended for use in high polluted areas
- Elevated mechanical strength
- Lighter than porcelain insulators by about 70-80%.
- Requires least attention towards cleaning and maintenance
- Easy and economical for transportation and installation
- Requires least investment towards purchasing spare parts as they aren’t brittle